Friday, January 27, 2012

Random Food Fridays - Artichoke Pesto Chicken Thighs


When I created RFF, it was my intention to share things like this. Yummy, but not really a recipe. Just good ideas for eating.

I never even knew there was such a thing as artichoke pesto until I received some from my brother and his family at Christmas. I had thawed some trusty chicken thighs and needed something to jazz them up. This pesto did the job nicely. You can use all kinds of things to marinate chicken. I suggest that you experiment. When I tasted this (before the chicken, of course), I knew a little lemon juice and cracked black pepper would punch it up that much more.


One really nice thing about marinating meat, is that in most cases, there is enough acid involved that you can plan it and let it wait for a few days in the fridge until you are ready to use it. These make a tasty weeknight dish that is ready in about 20 minutes.

By the way, parchment paper is the bomb. It's one of those kitchen tools that makes me wonder how I ever lived without it.

Artichoke Pesto Chicken Thighs
5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup artichoke pesto
juice of 1/2 a lemon
several course grinds of black pepper

Mix all the ingredients, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the marinated chicken on a parchment sheet-lined cookie sheet. Be sure to scoop all the marinade and mound it onto the chicken. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to rest for a bit before serving.

None of these made it to sandwiches, but I bet they would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment