Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bright Beet and Carrot Salad

Sometimes I stockpile ideas for Random Food Fridays, just in case I haven't been brilliant once all week. I was going to save this one, but I just couldn't hold back.

Sometimes, especially in the deep of winter, I crave fresh and crunchy salads. One can throw together an awesome salad with winter veg in minutes. Most of the ingredients for this salad came from my farm box.
Between the yummy-happy noises, I heard my body whispering, "Oh, this was such a good idea! SUCH a good idea!" (Of course, my body whispers the same thing about butter...)

Bright Beet and Carrot Salad
2 medium carrots, grated
2 medium beet, grated
1 green onion, sliced
1 hand full of chopped parsley
1 hand full of golden raisins
1 orange, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
spinach leaves for serving

Toss all the ingredients and mound on spinach leaves. Eat with enthusiasm.



No comments:

Post a Comment